Americans, as a whole, have a long tradition of not trusting power, going back to the founding of our nation. Our constitution is a document with the distrust of authority built in. Separation of powers, balance of powers and that no one should have too much power. We as a people get nervous, with good reason, when people get too much power. Especially when they are not held accountable for the things they do with that power.
I recently received a call from Highlands County Court Clerk informing me that an emergency petition I filed on behalf of my daughter, with whom I share custody, did not meet Florida statutory requirements to be granted, according to the judge. Less than a week later, as I pointed out, with a copy of statute in hand, I was told by the judge hearing the case that statutes don't matter. Whatever the judge decides, at his discretion, is end of discussion. You don't like it? Appeal if you have the resources.

An amendment to the Florida Constitution has been proposed as the "Judicial Accountability Initiative Law." This proposal would create special grand juries to investigate complaints against judges. Under present law, the judiciary is entirely self-regulated, and this has led, in many instances, to abuses of judicial discretion and violations of individuals' constitutional rights.

According to a poll taken by an American Bar Journal, more than half of Americans are angry and disappointed with the nation's judiciary.

As a father in Highlands County, involved with the "family" court system, you can expect to have your facts and evidence discarded as irrelevant and the mother's statements and allegations (and even disproven, hearsay testimony) admitted as fact. Ask around. This is one of the most compelling reasons that so many fathers are driven to abandon their children and leave this area after divorce.

Judges who are more concerned with political correctness, CYA and electability than what's equitable and fair are not held accountable for their actions.

You can find more information on the web and/or contact your state representative to voice your support for this amendment.

Source Article

Add comment

Security code